Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Care & Recovery
Recovering from Orthopedic Conditions
With specialized care and leading-edge recovery techniques, Salude’s orthopedic and musculoskeletal rehabilitation helps patients regain strength and confidence so they can enhance the vibrancy of their lives. We combine our state-of-the-art equipment with our experienced staff to provide our patients with individualized one-on-one therapy and help them recover from many types of orthopedic and musculoskeletal conditions, including:
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Spinal injuries and surgeries
- Multiple traumas
Salude’s orthopedic and musculoskeletal rehab is driven by evidence-based practice. Our therapists use an outcomes based database with over seven million patient outcomes to help tailor each patient’s recovery plan to their specific needs. Therapists track patient progress as they work toward recovery and adjust therapy as needed.
- Rehabilitation therapy seven days a week
- Full-time physician Chief Executive Officer
- On-site nurse practitioner available for visits up to seven days a week
- Convenient medication services provided by our in-house pharmacy
- 64 beautiful, private suites with amenities such as flat screen TVs and building-wide Wi-Fi
- State-of-the-art therapy equipment, such as HUR®, Moveo™ XP, BioStep® and AlterG® Anti Gravity Treadmill®
- Personalized one-on-one therapy
- Patients leave with a shorter length of stay and safer transition home than other similar settings
- Over 96% of patients are discharged safely to a home environment
- We collaborate with many orthopedic and neurosurgery groups in the Atlanta area for protocols and recovery processes
- Patient satisfaction composite survey scores ranging from 94-99%
- On average patients experience a 30% reduction in unavoidable rehospitalizations when compared with other skilled nursing facility options nationally
- Our Aegis rehabilitation department has a measured gain of almost 15% in Rehabilitation Outcome Measures (ROM) in 30% less time than over 1,000 skilled nursing facility options nationwide
Exclusive “Transitionist” Care Model
Our “transitionist” model utilizes our full-time physician CEO to lead the clinical program. As a part of this model, we have nurse practitioners, internists and a physiatrist (rehabilitation physician) available up to 7 days a week.
We are different from other recovery centers in that our care services aren’t just limited to within our four walls. We have nurse practitioners in our community available for patient home visits as needed after they are discharged home from Salude and until they are safely bridged to their own specialty and primary care physicians.
– Henry G., November 2018
"I think that one of the biggest attributes about Salude is the personnel here. The nurses are extremely capable and attentive."