Designing Better Stroke Rehabilitation and Recovery
Helping patients recover is as much of an art as it is a science, and Salude combines clinical excellence with beautiful surroundings as a way to enhance the health and wellness of every person who passes through the doors. Salude is driven to provide your patients with quality, coordinated care while also meeting their desire for a comfortable recovery and smooth transition home.
Our care team helps patients recover from ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and we understand that stroke survivors need help relearning skills that are lost when part of the brain is injured. We help you regain independence by helping you learn how to:
- Coordinate leg movements to walk
- Carry out the steps in a complex activity
- Communicate effectively when the ability to use language has been compromised
- Perform tasks in new ways to compensate for residual disabilities
- Rehabilitation therapy seven days a week
- Full-time physician Chief Executive Officer
- On-site nurse practitioner available for visits up to seven days a week
- Convenient medication services provided by our in-house pharmacy
- 64 beautiful, private suites with amenities such as flat screen TVs and building-wide Wi-Fi
- State-of-the-art therapy equipment, such as HUR®, Moveo™ XP, BioStep® and AlterG® Anti Gravity Treadmill®
- Personalized one-on-one therapy
- Patients leave with a shorter length of stay and safer transition home than other similar settings
- Over 96% of patients are discharged safely to a home environment
- We collaborate with many orthopedic and neurosurgery groups in the Atlanta area for protocols and recovery processes
- Patient satisfaction composite survey scores ranging from 94-99%
- On average patients experience a 30% reduction in unavoidable rehospitalizations when compared with other skilled nursing facility options nationally
- Our Aegis rehabilitation department has a measured gain of almost 15% in Rehabilitation Outcome Measures (ROM) in 30% less time than over 1,000 skilled nursing facility options nationwide
Exclusive “Transitionist” Care Model
Our “transitionist” model utilizes our full-time physician CEO to lead the clinical program. As a part of this model, we have nurse practitioners, internists and a physiatrist (rehabilitation physician) available up to 7 days a week.
We are different from other recovery centers in that our care services aren’t just limited to within our four walls. We have nurse practitioners in our community available for patient home visits as needed after they are discharged home from Salude and until they are safely bridged to their own specialty and primary care physicians.
– Lee and William B., August 2019
"I feel like I’m making some real progress, and I actually look forward to going (to therapy)."